8.03.2006

New Formatting. I like this better - I managed to screw up the navbar in the other formatting, so I changed it. It is a little dark, but I don't care. I should put a picture up.

For my application to AEON Corporation, they want an essay entitled "Why I want to Live and Work in Japan." So that's what I'm working on now. That, and it seems like every company requires a recent photo. I have one up on Gaijinpot.com, but for applications outside of gaijinpot, I need another photo. I'll get Julian to take one of me in the one suit that I own. Hey, maybe I can put that picture here!

I really, really want to hear from English For You. They seem like a really close-knit, good group to work with. I had better get on my ABC Plus application too, they seem like a good company too.

I'm starting to wonder if maybe I am doing something wrong with my applications or my resume. I'm not getting very many responses, and the ones I do get are rejections. Maybe it doesn't seem like I want it enough. I'm trying really hard to not get discouraged. I find myself setting ultimatums like if I don't get a job in Japan by October, at the rate I'm going, I'll just take a break, work a "whatever" job, and save money to go by myself.

I signed up for a monster.com account too. Haven't used it that much. It can be a little overwhelming, looking at huge lists of job after job. And for some reason my resume wouldn't upload last night. Kept saying that it was an application and not a .doc. I tried .rtf too, and it still didn't work. Then, I gave up for the night. I'll try again today when I get home.

I signed up again at Affordablehost.com too for a web domain and some space. I can put my documents up there.

I could always take the proficiency exam, or work my way up to proficiency level 1.

On a side note, many friends have asked me the big question: "If you go to Japan, will Julian go with you?" Truth is, I don't know. And that's what I tell them. He has said yes and no, so I simply don't know. There are pros and cons for him going and him staying. It is really up to him at this point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home