3.10.2007

Busy busy busy!

Today we went to three different temples... I have many pictures. I think I will do this one in installments so as not to overwhelm the reader. It was a pretty good day though. I saw two monkeys! (goodness is measured in monkey units now).

I have been feeling better; maybe I'm finally over this cold. I have heard that it is flu season, and I am sure that the flu here is no joke either. I am going to be very careful so as not to catch it. Like I can help it really, I work with little kids...

So Friday was my first payday - cha-ching!!! I got my biggest paycheck that I've ever received in my short life. Then I promptly went out to a bar with my boss to celebrate and spend some of it. It was a nice place, and convenient (within stumbling distance of the apartment). It was cool because I got a chance to talk to her without interruption for once - she is very busy, what with the kids and business and all.

Work has been going great. This week is camera week, which means the camera in my classroom is turned on so the mothers can see the classes. It has been going very well so far. I have 3 more days. At first, I was nervous about camera day, but then I just ignore the camera and do what I usually do. One kid was being really naughty this week - drawing on other people's papers, even after I told him not to - so I didn't give him a sticker. Which is a big deal for them. They love the stickers!

Today I also learned where the gym is in relation to known landmarks. It is far, but the bike ride there can be my warm-up. It isn't much of a fee to go, either. Maybe I'll go on Monday morning. I wish I knew the hours. I need to buy "indoor" shoes to work out in. Maybe I'll buy some in Kyoto tomorrow, if I end up going. It is supposed to rain, so maybe not. Now that I feel better, I want to go exploring!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Margaret -

Am enjoying your reporting and pictures! Big news here is two kittens - Cookie has a playmate. I will send a photo.

Randy

08:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home