4.29.2007

April is almost over?!

Time is passing quite fast now - I've been busy. I probably sleep too much, and I should work on getting up earlier. Work has been only okay... I lost 2 students to another school, because one of their aunts started an English school and it needs students so they switched to that school. I was sad, they were really good kids. Also, 2 other students went over to Rachel's classes because of bullies in my classes. I am pretty good at keeping that kind of behavior under control, but I guess it had been going on for a while, and there's not too much I can do aside from telling them to stop/taking away their sticker (which I've done 4 times total). I am a pretty strict teacher in general.

The weather hasn't been that great, and I depend on the weather being okay for me to go anywhere on my bike. On Saturday, Rachel and I went to Kyoto for the day, and had a blast. We went to Kinkakuji and Ryoanji, and then some shopping. Then, we met up with my friend Mike and had dinner and hung out for a bit before catching the 2nd to last train home. It was a pretty good time! I took some decent pictures - I will post them when I have more time. I need to go to bed in a timely manner, as I'm having lunch with Angie and a student tomorrow.

Today the Yasuda family had their yearly Golden Week barbecue - I ate SO MUCH FOOD. It's not even funny. My digestive system is completely full. I don't know if I'll even be able to eat tomorrow, I feel like I'm set for a week.

I have all next week off! I will spend time cleaning my house and finally doing something about my unruly plants in the yard. Angie said if I don't attend to them, they WILL overtake the house and consume it slowly like a venus flytrap. Okay, she didn't go that far, but she said I should attend to it or they get out of control. It's bordering on that already. I need to get some gardening gloves I think. I am not going to plant flowers in the ground though - it's too rocky, besides, sometimes people park and turn around in my yard. That won't go over too well I think.

I'll take pictures when I'm done cleaning/gardening so that people can finally see the inside of the house. It's not pretty, but it's habitable. I wish I could paint the walls. I'll ask Angie if I can or not, I don't know what the lease says about that. That will be quite an undertaking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home