9.28.2006

The Scoop on My Latest Prospect

I have a very solid top pick, now that EFY is out of the picture. It's a small school in Shiga prefecture called Diamond Head. The reasons why it is my top pick:

The boss. She seems very honest, open, and sincere, and seems to expect a lot from her employees. The kind of person I want to work for. She seems really cool all around.

The school. I think I would do better in a smaller school setting than a chain school. It would be just the boss and I. I understand that there will be lots of elbow-grease involved, and very difficult work. She told me that it can be stressful. I really think that with her help, I can do it.

The application experience. Incredibly painless, compared to other schools I have heard from. No run-around whatsoever. She's been completely open with me about when she will make her decision and how many other people are in the running.

The accommodations. A one story house (3 rooms plus kitchen and bath) not far from the school, fully furnished and equipped. I also get a bike. It's also not as expensive as others that I've seen.

The area. Shiga is central, closest to Kyoto. Right near lake Biwa. I've been looking at websites for the area, and it looks beautiful.

The classes. 80% little kids, 20% adults. Kids during the day, adults at night.

The hours. 3-9 some days, 6-9 other days. That doesn't include prep time, but yeah... I am not a morning person. I can get up and somewhat function, but for the most part, I don't get much done until 10:30 or 11. So these hours suit me very well.

The job just suits me the best. Enough said. Now I just need to prove to her that I am suitable for the job.

Right now I'm waiting to hear from her about an interview. She said she wanted time to review my references, which she has done (when I hadn't heard from her in a while, I asked Jackie and Melissa, my references, if they had received calls or emails from her - turns out she hired an investigator or something, and they did receive calls from him).

I think I am going to email her today and see what's up. If I botch the interview, I'll be so mad at myself. I want this job really bad, though.

Oh and Bernard offered me a position, but I don't want to take it. The opportunity with Diamond Head is by far superior.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home